There was once a Bald Man who sat down after work on a hot summer’s day. A Fly came up and kept buzzing about his bald pate, and stinging him from time to time. The Man aimed a blow at his little enemy, but his palm came on his head instead and thought to himself :
“You will only injure yourself if you take notice of despicable enemies.”
This is how I would describe the reaction of Muslims all over the world, but since I addressed that in a different post in arabic, I will limit this post to that of the reaction of Lebanon and specifically Tripoli.
Before I pose a couple of questions to those who took it upon themselves to defend Islam by burning KFC and Hardees, I will share this video ( I apologize to all readers who do not understand Arabic)
- Did you know that the owner of the KFC and Hardees you demolished is Lebanese? Chances are he is also a Muslim?
- Did you know that The US embassy is not located in any of those fast food restaurants?
- Did you know that in countries that celebrate freedom of speech, the government does not allow itself to censor every single word or opinion of its citizens?
- Were you aware that both the American president and Secretary of State both denounced the despicable movie?
- Most importantly, are you aware that with your barbaric reaction you slapped yourselves in the face, fed yourselves the bait, made Nakoula Basseley Nakoula famous and you yourselves accomplished his ultimate goal, that which he was unable to do since publishing the video in July.
For future endeavours in attacking Lebanese-owned American franchises, make to sure to prepare better for your violent protest by taking the following measures:
- Put on your “NIKE” shoes in case you have to run
- Wear “Levi’s Strauss” jeans due to their durability and resistance to tear & wear
- You use HP laptop, Windows operating system, and Google search engine to research : burn + flag + protest
- Have your iPhone on you to take videos and pictures of the protests and post them on Facebook and Twitter
Congratulations for following your instincts, being outsmarted by your enemies and slapping yourselves because of a tiny harmless fly!